The customer support function is evolving rapidly. With the advent of digital channels, customers now expect faster and more accurate responses to their queries. This has put a lot of pressure on businesses to provide around-the-clock support, often challenging for small businesses or start-ups owing to limitations with infrastructure and subject matter expertise. One of the ways to overcome these challenges is to build an outsourced customer support team that is technical, experienced, flexible with deliverables and cost-effective.
Let’s discuss how to build an offshore customer support team!
Benefits of building an outsourced customer support team
As per Clutch, 80% of businesses outsource some non-core tasks to improve their efficiency and scalability. Building an outsourced customer support team helps the organization to grow exponentially. Other benefits that businesses achieve are:
- Time efficiency: One of the main reasons companies contract with an outsourcing organization is to improve time efficiency and increase output by getting more subject matter experts at reasonable costs. By outsourcing workers for consumer-facing tasks like sales, marketing, technical support, and customer service, businesses can focus on building their core business.
- Greater flexibility and efficiency: Outsourcing provide clients with greater flexibility in scheduling and staffing. With an outsourced team, you can get 24/7 customer support services, which is a major advantage for businesses operating internationally. This also helps free up internal resources to focus on core areas, thereby improving the overall efficiency of the businesses.
- Access to new markets: Outsourcing also helps businesses expand into new markets by providing local language support. This is a critical competitive advantage when entering new markets and providing localized experiences.
Key steps to build an outsourced team
I. Define your customer support needs:
When looking to build customer support you need to address the following
- What channels do you want your customer support to operate on?
- How can you provide readily available information to your customers quickly?
- What time of the day would you need customer support?
- What kind of skillsets do you want your employees to have?
Knowing exactly what you need from your team would help you find the right candidates.
II. Find the right employees:
After knowing what kind of customer support is required, you start looking for employees who fit that description. The outsourcing organization will find the right candidates by sourcing them through various channels and ensuring that you are happy with the shortlisted candidates
III. Train your team:
Once you have hired your team, it’s important to train them in your company’s procedures and protocols. Through various tools, the outsourcing organization will impart knowledge about your products, procedures and practices to the relevant team. This will help the customer support representations provide better and more accurate resolutions that are aligned to your service goals
IV. Monitor performance:
It’s important to monitor the performance of your outsourced team regularly. This helps you identify any areas where the team may be struggling and thereby address them quickly. Using tools like call recording and quality assurance software helps in monitoring the team’s performance.
There are many benefits to outsourcing customer service, including cost savings, increased efficiency, and access to a global talent pool. However, there are also some challenges to consider while building an outsourced customer services team. Here are some concluding thoughts on measures to consider:
- Make sure you have a clear understanding of your customer base and what they need from you, as a brand.
- Do your research on potential service providers and compare pricing, quality of service, and reviews.
- Once you have selected a provider, clearly define expectations and set up quality control measures to ensure that your customers’ needs are being met.
Outsourcing customer support is a great way to improve your business’s bottom line. By taking the time to carefully consider all the factors involved, you could set your team up for success.
Need help with building an outsourced customer services team? Contact JindalX today!